Report a repair
- LiveChat -
- email - email@example.com .
- telephone - on 0300 123 6633.
- writing - to South Tyneside Homes, Town Hall and Civic Offices, Westoe Road, South Shields, Tyne and Wear, NE33 2RL.
- Typetalk - we welcome calls through Typetalk. Textphone users please prefix our telephone number with 18001.
You can report an emergency repair 24 hours a day on 0300 123 6633.
An emergency repair is an issue that could cause danger to life or property if not attended to immediately. Read more about types of repairs.
Please do not call outside of normal opening hours (Monday to Friday from 8am to 6.30pm) unless it is a genuine emergency. You may be charged if it is not an emergency.
Make sure you are in for your appointment.
If you are not available when we attend the emergency repair, we may need to force access, and additional costs may be charged.
1. We will arrange an appointment with you
We will offer you an appointment for all works apart from emergency repairs. Appointments are provided :
- 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays)
- 9am to 1pm on Saturdays (excluding bank holiday weekends)
How quickly we can fix the repair will depend upon the type of repair. Read about types of repairs.
Sometimes, a repair inspection may be needed first.
For each repair reported, you will get a reference number. You will also get text message reminders.
2. On your appointment day
- Make sure you are in for your appointment. Missed appointments cost South Tyneside Homes in terms of time and money. If you miss a pre-agreed appointment the job will be cancelled, a card will be left informing you of the cancellation. The repair will need to be reported again to South Tyneside Homes. A charge may be issued.
- If it's an emergency appointment and you aren't available it may be necessary to force access. Again, additional costs may be charged.
- If further repair work is reported whilst we are attending to a repair on site, we will try to resolve the issue on the same visit.
- If we need to visit a number of times we will notify you on the first visit and discuss future access arrangements.
3. If further repairs are needed
If further repairs or assessments are needed, we will give you a 'What's Next?' card.
The card will explain what is needed to complete the repair and also offer contact information for the relevant officers or services.
Read more about repairs and improvements.