Terms and conditions
- Who we are
- Using southtynesidehomes.org.uk
- Services and transactions
- Linking to southtynesidehomes.org.uk
- Linking from southtynesidehomes.org.uk
- Using southtynesidehomes.org.uk content
- Requests to remove content
- Information about you and your visits to southtynesidehomes.org.uk
- Virus protection
- Viruses, hacking and other offences
- Governing law
- Changes to these terms and conditions
Who we are
Southtynesidehomes.org.uk is managed by South Tyneside Homes and will be referred to as 'we' from now on.
You agree to use southtynesidehomes.org.uk only for lawful purposes. You must also use it in a way that does not infringe the rights of, or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of, this site by anyone else.
We update southtynesidehomes.org.uk all the time. We can change or remove content at any time without notice.
Services and transactions
You can use southtynesidehomes.org.uk to access online services and transactions, for example to pay your rent, search and bid on homes or report a repair to South Tyneside Council.
These can be managed by South Tyneside Homes or by a supplier who provides this service on behalf of South Tyneside Homes. Some services have their own terms and conditions which also apply - read these before you use the service.
Linking to southtynesidehomes.org.uk
We welcome and encourage other websites to link to southtynesidehomes.org.uk.
You must contact us for permission if you want to either:
- charge your website's users to click on a link to any page on southtynesidehomes.org.uk
- say your website is associated with or endorsed by southtynesidehomes.org.uk or another government department or agency
Linking from southtynesidehomes.org.uk
Southtynesidehomes.org.uk links to websites that are managed by other agencies, service providers or other organisations. We do not have any control over the content on these websites.
We're not responsible for:
- the protection of any information you give to these websites
- any loss or damage that may come from your use of these websites, or any other websites they link to
You agree to release us from any claims or disputes that may come from using these websites.
You should read all terms and conditions, privacy policies and end user licences that relate to these websites before you use them.
Using southtynesidehomes.org.uk content
This website and its content is copyright of South Tyneside Homes - © South Tyneside Homes 2023. All rights reserved.
You must follow guidance when reproducing the South Tyneside Homes logo. Please email email@example.com for permission and / or requests.
Content from southtynesidehomes.org.uk may be available through feeds for other websites and applications. The websites and applications that use our feeds are not our products, and they might use versions of our content that have been edited and stored for later use ('cached').
We do not give any guarantees, conditions or warranties about the accuracy or completeness of any content used by these products. We're not liable for any loss or damage that may come from your use of these products.
The most up to date version of our content will always be on southtynesidehomes.org.uk.
While we make every effort to keep southtynesidehomes.org.uk up to date, we do not provide any guarantees, conditions or warranties that the information will be:
- free from bugs or viruses
You should get professional or specialist advice before doing anything on the basis of the content.
We're not liable for any loss or damage that may come from using southtynesidehomes.org.uk. This includes:
- any direct, indirect or consequential losses
- any loss or damage caused by civil wrongs ('tort', including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise
- the use of southtynesidehomes.org.uk and any websites that are linked to or from it
- the inability to use southtynesidehomes.org.uk and any websites that are linked to or from it
This applies if the loss or damage was foreseeable, arose in the normal course of things or you advised us that it might happen.
This includes (but is not limited to) the loss of your:
- income or revenue
- salary, benefits or other payments
- profits or contracts
- anticipated savings
- goodwill or reputation
- tangible property
- intangible property, including loss, corruption or damage to data or any computer system
- wasted management or office time
We may still be liable for:
- death or personal injury arising from our negligence
- fraudulent misrepresentation
- any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law
Requests to remove content
You can ask for content to be removed from southtynesidehomes.org.uk. We'll remove content:
- in order to comply with data protection legislation covering the rights and freedoms of individuals
- if it breaches copyright laws, contains sensitive personal data or material that may be considered obscene or defamatory
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to ask for content to be removed. You'll need to send us the web address (URL) of the content and explain why you think it should be removed. We'll reply to let you know whether we'll remove it.
We remove content at our discretion in discussion with the service or team responsible for it. You can still request information under the Freedom of Information Act and the Data Protection Act.
Information about you and your visits to southtynesidehomes.org.uk
We make every effort to check and test southtynesidehomes.org.uk for viruses at every stage of production. You must make sure that the way you use southtynesidehomes.org.uk does not expose you to the risk of viruses, malicious computer code or other forms of interference which can damage your computer system.
We're not responsible for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or computer system that might happen when you use southtynesidehomes.org.uk.
Viruses, hacking and other offences
When using southtynesidehomes.org.uk, you must not introduce viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or any other material that's malicious or technologically harmful.
You must not try to gain unauthorised access to southtynesidehomes.org.uk, the server on which it's stored or any server, computer or database connected to it.
You must not attack southtynesidehomes.org.uk in any way. This includes denial-of-service attacks.
We'll report any attacks or attempts to gain unauthorised access to southtynesidehomes.org.uk to the relevant law enforcement authorities and share information about you with them.
These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
Any dispute you have which relates to these terms and conditions, or your use of southtynesidehomes.org.uk (whether it be contractual or non-contractual), will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
There may be legal notices elsewhere on southtynesidehomes.org.uk that relate to how you use the site.
We're not liable if we fail to comply with these terms and conditions because of circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
We might decide not to exercise or enforce any right available to us under these terms and conditions. We can always decide to exercise or enforce that right at a later date.
Doing this once will not mean we automatically waive the right on any other occasion.
If any of these terms and conditions are held to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal for any reason, the remaining terms and conditions will still apply.
Changes to these terms and conditions
Please check these terms and conditions regularly. We can update them at any time without notice.
You'll agree to any changes if you continue to use southtynesidehomes.org.uk after the terms and conditions have been updated.
Last updated 23 March 2023.