Crime and community safety

Anti-social behaviour

What anti-social behaviour is, dealing with complaints, what we can do to tackle anti-social behaviour, Community Trigger Requests and more.


If you have been a victim of crime, you can get help from South Tyneside Victim Support. Find out how to contact them and how they can help.

Report an issue in your area

How to report an issue in your area, including fly-tipping, litter, dog fouling, graffiti and abandoned shopping trolleys.

Domestic violence

What domestic violence is, how to report it, what to do if you're affected, how we can help you and more.

Worried about an adult or child?

Visit the South Tyneside Council website for information and advice on what to do if you're worried about the safety of an adult or child.

Neighbourhood Management Policy

Read the joint Neighbourhood Management Policy between South Tyneside Council and South Tyneside Homes.